Registrations are now closed. But for future reference, here's how we take registrations.
We take regos from youth groups only (rather than from individuals). So…
- if you’re a youth group leader wanting to register your group, visit our registration page for all the info you need.
- if you’re an individual looking to register you must hook-in with a local youth group that attends HM Rage first and they will help you register. (We’ll try to put you in touch with the nearest group to you if we can – just contact us).
HM Rage is held at Totara Springs Christian Centre, 288c Taihoa North Road, RD3 Matamata.
Your youth group is responsible for arranging / discussing transport with you (their youth group).
Preparing for this year’s theme: Amazing Race
Every year camp is based around a different creative theme. This year is Amazing Race… you’ll see the speakers and activities incorporate this theme. (Read Hebrews 12:1-3 to see what the Bible says about racing towards a goal with our eyes fixed on Jesus). Before camp, you’ve got one Amazing Race-related job to do: plan your youth group’s costumes for Sunday’s banquet evening! Brainstorm together and come along dressed in your best rendition of the theme.
Download our HM Rage app
The free HM Rage app provides important camp-related information at your fingertips. Its main feature is the programme, where you can read what’s happening and where. It also contains info about breakout/elective sessions; key camp venues and our HM Rage supporters; links to our social media channels; and even gives you the opportunity to submit feedback about camp on-the-go. Download before camp!
Do you have some talent that people wanna see?
It might be acoustic, vocal, dance, wearable arts, poetry, video, or something else. Yes? Then the HM Rage Talent Quest is for you! And registering online before camp is the way to go...
Remember to review this list before turning up at camp to make sure you're well-prepared. One thing we’d like to stress is that it gets very cold, so make sure your gear is warm enough.
- Bedding: Warm sleeping bag and pillow. Extras blankets are optional.
- Warm clothes: Puffer jacket or warm jacket, thermals, beanie, socks.
- Water proofs: Rain jacket
- Toiletries: Soap, deodorant, toothbrush, sunblock
- Active wear: Swimming gear, sports clothes, rough outdoor clothes. Some activities you might get messy or wet in!
- Footwear: Old shoes (sturdy footwear will be needed for some activities), jandals.
- Essential medications: e.g. inhalers, allergy remedies, regular medications.
- A torch: extremely handy in the dark.
- Bible: Ask your Youth Group leader if you don't have one.
- Pen and paper: For taking notes at the sessions and electives.
- Your friends: as many as you want, bring'em on.
- Banquet costume: This year's banquet theme is Amazing Race. Brainstorm with your youth group and decide how you’ll dress to the theme.
- Bean-bag, pillow or cushion: for breakout sessions and main sessions.
- Musical instruments: for jammin'.
- Sports gear: Rugby / soccer / netball / basket / beach / ping pong balls /frisbees / stilts / unicycles. Talk with your youth leader first as they might be bringing stuff.
- Gold coins: for coffees and maybe more (buy clip cards from the office with eftpos)
- Extra snacks if you’re prone to getting hungry! Breakfast, lunch and dinner is provided.
Are you a youth leader?
Subscribe to our pre-camp newsletters
Our leaders' newsletters tell you everything you need to know in the lead-up to camp. Not on the recipient list? Enter your details below and you'll be automatically added.
Download our 2019 promo poster
Here's the Amazing Race themed poster. Print and use at-your-will in the lead-up to camp.