These small group questions are designed to facilitate discussion amongst your youth group following each main session at HM Rage. Talk through them with your group during small group time.
Session #1 - Saturday morning
- What is your favourite food?
- What are some ways we see people settle for stones?
- Have you ever said no to stones and been able to later enjoy the real bread/blessing?
- Clint said that "The devil offers us stones, that always lead to death, Jesus offers us bread, that leads to life". Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why? (John 10:10)
Session #2 - Saturday night
- What is something you are afraid of?
- If we remove things like heights, spiders... what are some things that people are often afraid of? (Be brave! What about the big fears of rejection, loneliness, failure, being transparent? Leaders - will you share?)
- The disciples were afraid until they saw a resurrected Jesus, then everything changed. When we get a clear understanding of who Jesus is, do you think we can overcome fear as well? Why/why not?
- What fear is currently crippling you? Is there a promise of God you can use to counter act it?
- Leaders - what verses can you give them?
i) Rejection - I will never leave you nor foresake you
ii) Failure - You are more than a conqurer (Romans 8:31-39)
iii) Past will always define them - you are a new creation, the old has gone the new has come
iv) I'm useless/can't do anything - you are God's masterpiece. You are created us anew in Christ Jesus, so you can do the good things he planned for you long ago.”
Session #3 - Sunday afternoon
- If light can always overcome darkness, do you think love can always overcome hate? Why/why not?
- What are some situations where it would be a good idea to ask the question "What would a loving person do?”
- What would your youth ministry/church look like if all the core people loved people the way we are called to love one another?
- 1 Corinthians 13 paints a picture of what love looks like. What qualities from this list do you find easy to demonstrate? How about difficult?
Session #4 - Monday morning
- Who was your best friend at primary school? What did you admire about them?
- What are some reasons you think we need to surround ourselves with good people?
- Who have you given permission to speak into your life?
- What are three things you can commit to now, to ensure you don't find yourself isolated? (Going for things like - be at youth every week, be in church, be in a group, give people permission to check in, commit to telling someone everything...)